Ihre Browserversion ist veraltet. Wir empfehlen, Ihren Browser auf die neueste Version zu aktualisieren.

Tugboat Annie


B-17E, #41-9020 Tugboat Annie of the 303rd BG, Molesworth, June 1944. Originally this Fortress was assigned to the 340th BS / 97th BG at Polebrook in March 1942 and named Phyllis. Between March and August she performed a few combat missions. In August #41-9020 joined the 92nd BG at Bovingdon, making several courier flights to North Africa. In September 1942 Phyllis was involved in a collision with B-17E, #41-9051 from the 326th BS. Both machines were repaired. On 18th April 1943 it was reassigned to the HQ of 303rd BG and renamed Tugboat Annie. Initially she was employed for tow-target work and later for formation assembly as well. At the time Tugboat Annie was painted with broad black and white stripes on all surfaces, without any national markings. On 23rd July 1944, with Maj. L.M.Schulstad at the controls, Annie suffered a crash-landing and was salvaged by the 2nd SAD at Little Staughton.


Bildergalerie